On Christmas Eve, the kids got to do the Nativity story, of course, we had to do it two times so that each girl and boy could have a turn being Mary and Joseph!
I'm always amazed, that even though Annie doesn't know the extent of Pa's illness (or much at all except he doesn't feel well) she knows something is different. I always catch her kissing on him, scratching his back, or cuddling up to him to "hold" him when he is lying in his chair. This shot of her with the angel halo, loving on him almost makes me cry. I love that she is a natural nurturer.
After the nativity, Uncle Danie and Aunt Stephanie's elf friends dropped some presents for the kids on the front door step! Annie was SO excited!!!
As we were walking everyone to their cars, Claire looked up at the sky after being asked if Santa was on his way. To her horror, she saw a flashing red light (airplane), flying through the darkness, and burst into tears! Annie was sure it was Roudolph, and Claire was terrified at the thought of a strange man, coming into our home while she slept! All of a sudden it became so real to her, and very scary! She begged me to lock the doors, and not let Santa in! She calmed down when I SWORE to her that he would not go upstairs at all! Poor thing!



2 comments:
Poor Claire, I guess in someways Santa can be scary!! Glad to see you guys had a fun night!
I love that picture of Annie and Grandpa...so sweet. Your girls are so pretty! Where the heck do they get it?.....maybe their uncle mary!
Post a Comment