Tuesday, January 27, 2009

January 26, 2009


I love a good suprise! Friday morning I woke Annie up at 5AM... I told her I was taking her on a special date. She was as excited as she could be that early! When we got to the airport, she got really excited... and a little nervous!



After a three hour plane ride, and a million questions, we arrived... the second she saw Sage, all her anxiousness instantly dissappeared.


These two grew up together, and we were heartbroken when the Johns family moved away a couple years ago! Just to rub it in, Shalyce had twin girls soon after they moved, and I had been aching to see them ever since. Steve suprised me with plane tickets for my birthday. Let's face it, I practically "grew up" with Shalyce as well since we ran together every day for almost 3 years.


It was so good to see them and be in the beautiful state of Oregon... they even had mountians, cold weather, and real trees! We took a trip to the zoo, which was absolutely beautiful!


Annie and Sage loved the sea lion!


They had some great exhibits. One of the best ones, was actually not an exhibit at all... it started to snow as we were leaving! That was the first time Annie had ever seen snow fall, and she was thrilled!!! She could hardly wait to play in the snow the next morning.

We had a wonderful weekend, and the babies were so much fun! It was hard to come home, and very tempting to try and fit at least one of those cuties into our suitcase!




Steve was such a saint and took the weekend off to spent with Claire, they went all sorts of places, and he spoiled her shamelessly!

3 comments:

The Ragsdale Family said...

It looks like you guys had so much FUN!! That Steve of yours is a keeper! :) I love how happy Sage and Annie look together!;)

Patti said...

I am soooooo jealous! Did you just munch on those babies all weekend? How fun for you all to be back together.

Jess said...

Wow, Liz, that's so awesome! I remember when we were younger, for some reason your mom snuck us out of school and we went to the library and looked at Sweet Valley Twins books. It's really special and I'm sure Annie will always remember it.

Music

*