
Pa (as Annie named him with her first word) passed away this summer. How we love him. We miss him terribly. Claire misses the sleepovers at grandma and Pa's house, and having Pa make pancakes in the morning. Annie misses him singing "You Are My Sunshine" to her EVERY time he saw her. He was always trying to talk us all into moving back home, he could never get enough of his kids and grandkids. Steve and I miss our greatest cheerleader, supporter, friend, and father.
Daddy's little girl...

High school... how did he survive me?

Wedding, he cried more than any of us!

Pa truly had no greater joy than in his family.

The night before Pa died, a friend came and took some pictures...
The day Dad passed, the sky was cloudy and dark... except over the home and family he built.
This has been the absolute HARDEST thing we have ever imagined, at times it seems unbearable, but we are comforted to know...
SUNDAY WILL COME.






7 comments:
Liz,
ever since I heard about your dad I can't stop thinking about you and your family. I cry often about it and it has made me appreciate life and loved ones more. I am so sorry for your loss but LOVE the video clip you put on here and I too know that Sunday will come. YOu are in my prayers. I still hope to get together with you soon.
Love, Karlie
Sunday will come. We love you and pray for comfort and peace.
Your family is such an amazing example. After the things that were said about your dad at his funeral, I left wanting to be a better person. Thank you for allowing me to be there. Love you.
Liz,
I got choked up reading this blog entry. I am so incredibly sorry for accidently "intruding" on your grieving time right after he died. I could hit myself for making such a stupid mistake in calling you on accident. I am so in awe of your faith and I too know that the Savior can quite literally carry our burdens. He was truly a man of sorrow acquinted with grief. He has been there for me on my darkest "Friday" and I have felt of the peace that comes as we trust in Him. I pray for you and your family.
Love,
Kirstin
beautiful pictures and memories liz. he will be missed.
Liz,
I've thought about what I would say several times but so many people have left you beautiful, kind words that I didn't think I could say anything better. But I didn't want you think I didn't care and thought you might want more time to grieve; and so today I am writing you. I feel so sad I wasn't able to be at your dad's funeral. I would have loved to be there and although I know you had lots of family and friends there supporting you and your family, I still feel bad I couldn't be there. Although we rarely see each other, I still consider you a great friend. You, Mary and Jules and I went through a lot together as roomies as EA and for that you all will forever be great my friends. I have been so impressed by you and your family's faith and strength through this trial. You have your eternal perspective on the right course and I am so happy I could be a part of that as I read the weekly or daily updates on your dad's progression. Your trial has made me be more eternally minded and helped me to evaluate my life and my personal relationship with my family and most of all with my Savior. I pray that you and your family feel His love as you heal and continue on this journey of life. Your dad will be watching over you all. He was a great man and will be greatly missed. Love, Kristen
Anyone who has helped form the person you are, must have been an incredible person. I have no words to help, but I pray that you will be comforted through this difficult time.
Lots of love, Kendra
*You did a beautiful job on your blog for Pa.
Liz-
I haven't blogged in such a long time, that I figured it was time to see what other people were up to. I am so sorry to hear about your dad. Those pictures were a beautiful tribute to your relationship with him. Thanks for the video at the end as well. It's nice to have that reminder and testimony of faith.
On a separate note: I'm not sure if you heard about the "optional" GHS reunion we're doing at Freestone on Friday night. I've mostly been advertising it on facebook, but I don't think you're on there--if I'm not mistaken. Anyway... if you want details, just e-mail me: music_gal27@hotmail.com
I sure love you! If you're not able to come to the reunion, it would still be good to get together sometime!
Post a Comment