Monday, April 6, 2009

April 6, 2009

We had such a fun weekend. For date night on Friday, we went out with some friends and played games. We started with 3-leggged soccer, wich turned into "linked arms" soccer as all of our ankles were quickly rubbed raw. It was hillarious to try and compete while being stuck to your date. The girls were flying every which way as the men would do whatever it took to prevent or score a goal! So funny! Then at dark, we played glow in the dark ultimate frisbee. We all wore glow sticks so we could see each other, and our frisbee flash-flight had l.e.d. lights. It was a blast... we have the greatest friends. We did however, figure out why we mostly go out to dinner on date night... we were all walking with a limp of some kind as we went out for dessert and calmer games afterward! Definately worth every ache and pain.

(The flash-flight in action)


Saturday we were happy to lie around and watch conference, while icing our bruised bodies! The girls did really well being reverent and listening until the last half hour or so when I looked down to see them "fixing" each others hair...

While the men went to priesthood session, us girls went out with Nana. She took us to the IMAX ocean movie. It was hillarious to watch the girls experience a 3D movie for the first time. They "pet" each animal, and freaked when the sea snakes swam straight for us! I did too... gross! We felt better when the sea lions came up and "kissed" us! We always have so much fun with Nana!

Sunday I really enjoyed conference since Steve massaged my feet the whole first session... what a prince!

After conference was over, we headed to Grandma's for Annie's first violin recital! She worked soooo hard learning and memorizing all 17 songs to finally pass off book one!


I don't think I have ever seen her so nervous. With all of our family there, we had a crowd of about 30... which she was very aware of.


Annie really enjoyed playing a couple songs with Jill.

Claire was thrilled to be the intermission act.

Our camera battery died before Annie got to perform her harder songs... but we were able to get the first half recorded. She did such a great job.

We begged Jill to play a couple of songs, which was such a treat, she played Come Thou Fount, and a fiddle number.

Jill gave Annie a trophee when it was all over, and Annie was soooo excited.

We are so lucky to have Jill to teach the girls. They adore her, and want to be like her in every way. She's amazing.

After the girls changed, they went outside to play and found the litter of kittens grandma's cat had! Too much fun.

5 comments:

Cami said...

AMAZING!!! What talent! Way to go Annie.

Becky said...

She is so talented!! That date night was a blast:) You are so competitive:) We need to do that often!

Cheryl said...

Sounds like you like your new friends better than your old friends. Hmph. I guess I'll try not to take it too personally. We still love you! Congrats to your girls. What talented little dolls!

Jill said...

I couldn't be prouder. I love you!!

Mary-Sunshine said...

They both sound sooo good. I am so impressed! You do sound like you have fun friends! I love that!

Music

*